Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Reasonably Successful Day

Woke up yesterday morning feeling a little bit eeek which progressively worsened as the day went on. Had to brave the supermarket with two widdies, not my favourite past time even at 100% strength but my strength was rapidly fading and I was so glad for the help of their little hands, even if it meant that I had to re-do half of what they did, they still helped me get the groceries into the car and from the car to the bench and from the bench to the fridge and cupboard (well, kinda).

Half three saw The Starchild taking the older two widdies to swimming lessons and me picking the smiley monster up from care early as he apparently had what I was getting, which was what the rest of the family had across the weekend. It's funny how we all fall prey in stages. Yeah, funny - right!

By four I was snoozing on the lounge wondering why I felt like I'd been in one of those giant blow up sphere things that people get inside to roll down hills in New Zealand. I spent the next four hours between periods of consciousness wishing it wasn't necessary for everyone in the house to stand in the next room banging drawers and plates while yelling at each other and also wishing that I had either enough energy or at least a loving husband to get me up off the lounge so I could collapse into bed.

At eight I realised I had missed both full moon ritual and the first half hour of Thank God You're Here. I decided it wasn't too late to catch the rest of the latter so watched that for a while before dozing off again only to be woken by the smiley monsters cries coz it hurts, mummy - hey, you're tellin' me, kid!

This morning, the smiley monster was full of beans again but I was still somewhat tender. I snapped myself out of it as I don't really have time or enough people to offer sympathy for me to be sick. After a half hour shower I felt much more human so I downed a V to give me that last little kick, whipped the kids into douoble-pocket money bribe for chores mode and got the household pumping. I've finished the day with the impossibly princesses last few remaining boxes sorted and and ready to be rehomed, the stuff from under the stairs sorted and either rehomed or in appropriate piles to facilitate rehoming , rediscovered the end of the kitchen bench that for some reason is a magnet for all papers and toys that come into the house AND I've captured one and a half LP's to mp3 format.

The smiley monster ran out of steam and asked to go to bed at 6.30pm, which is good but I hope he is not going to have a relapse. Thankfully it seems to be a bit of a 36 hour thing for each of the sufferers I've talked to so I hope the smiley monster can toe the line with that at least.

So, despite the set backs, I'd still call it a reasonably successful day, wouldn't you?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oww hon, I'm sorry..hope you are feeling 100% quickly - uckkkk!! Blessings, Sarah