Thursday, July 16, 2009

Rest Of The Day

Still sick. Coughing a million times worse. Blah!

The Virgo Nurse and Bones came up last night and will be staying for a few days - Virgo Nurse until Friday or Saturday, Bones, well, who knows. How good would it be to not have a fixed schedule again and to be able to just cruise around for as long as uni holidays last! They're playing with the older two widdies now, which is great and makes everyone happy.

I just watched Australia as sitting on the lounge drinking cups of caramel chai latte and coughing are about the limits of my energy levels at the minute. I have to say that I really enjoyed the movie, even if it did go for two and a half hours and could have probably ended an hour earlier and still been a good film. I guess it's hard when there is such a big hype about a film as people will inevitably feel let down when reality and expectations collide but I enjoyed it and even with having to put on a load of washing, get brekky for everyone, help with pom-pom making and various other interruptions and domestic chores, I was still very caught up in the whole experience. It's probably one that I will watch again a few times, too.

I'm in a bit of a movie mode at the moment, which suits me well. I cried my little eyes out at Marley and Me yesterday - I'm such a big, blubbering girl when it comes to sad stuff and also enjoyed 27 Dresses but there have been a few that I didn't like so much, particularly Slumdog Millionaire which I had to stop twice part way through and didn't return to after the second time. All too much for me, that type of thing, I'm afraid.

Well, that's my Margaret Pomeranz and David Stratton impersonation for today. Must go and do something productive with the clothes that I washed before and perhaps even tidy up in the kitchen before collapsing on the lounge for the rest of the day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

take care Wendy- this flu bug is knocking everyone off their feet; have not seen Australia but will, probably in about 10 years time- i am only starting on BUFFY now. better late than never xx

Anonymous said...

Hi! nice to know that your an aquarian too...

i hope you visit my blog when you have time and if you feel to follow please do so... thank you in advance...

-alvond

Myst_72 said...

I do hope you are feeling better today ~ please don't rush in and over-do it, a few people I know have come down with it twice this way.
Movies on the couch sounds like the best plan for you :)

G
xx

Hibiscus Moon said...

I hope today finds you feeling much better. tHis winter has been rough on you. You are doing exactly what you shoud be doing...resting.