Monday, September 14, 2009

Even Better Again

Managed to get through the day without upsetting anyone, well, not *too much* anyway. Had a few laughs at work. Good news for my friend the tea lady whose contract role was coming to an end and has been approached by another division to transfer with all of the conditions she was hoping for. It was really nice to see her happy and to actually be there and enjoy the good news with her.

Calmer at home this evening but not completely calm. I decided to try to play a few songs on the keyboard. I had about six lessons when I was about nine so have a very basic understanding of music (as well as my self-taught guitar stylings that I am putting almost zero practice into these days) and used to muck around on the keyboard at home when I was little but wouldn't go so far as to say I can actually play. I'd printed out a chord chart and picked a few easy songs and was so surprised that I could play them much better than I ever would have thought using techniques that I have never used or been shown before. It was really quite enjoyable but in reality I don't have the time or money to learn properly so it's just going to be another one of those things that I can almost but not quite do, like most of the other things in my life. Jack of all trades and master of none, as they say.

That's about it for me. Up too late again and feeling really tired but knowing that tomorrow will be even better again.

No comments: