Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Many Levels

A painful night
means not enough sleep
means grumpy me.

Having a whole list
of things to do
and adding to my normal
(whatever THAT means)
lack of motivation
is my grumpiness
and today has been
uber unproductive.

Apart from work
which I usually quite like
buy whick today I loathed.

One of the products
of being grumpy.

Pain set in again
with the setting sun.

No dancing around the issue -
straight to the pain relief.

Why do I have such a strong inclination
to typically resist
taking any pain relief?

It's like
before I take it
there is always another
possibility of relief
but there is the constant fear
that if I take it
and it doesn't work
then that is the end
of all posibilities of relief.

Irrational, I know.

But that is just me
on so many levels.

2 comments:

Kathie said...

I am learning to give my body what it needs - if it needs pain relief then I let her have pain relief ... gone are the days where I would refuse (out of fear) any medication.

Love to you Wendy xx

Wendy said...

thank you, faerie, I will continue to take your good advice whenever i need it. hope you are healing well. love to you, too!!! x♥x