Wednesday, March 23, 2011

PossibleFallacy

Where are you
in all of this.

This is part of me
that needs to hold you
accountable.

But to do that
I would need to meet you
face to face
and that is not possible.

Not now.

Maybe not ever.

We have a belief
that you hold the answers
but the truth is
the answers are irrelevant
when we don't even know
what the questions are.

I know you are there.

I know you are listening.

I can feel you in every breath
every heartbeat
every degree of rotation around the sun.

Yes, you are there
and I choose to believe you care
but why in the world
so I expect the same
of the creatures you have created.

That is the fallacy.

That is the great lie.

That you would love us so much
deludes us into thinking
we should love one another
just as much
when that
quite simply
is not possible.

2 comments:

Rob-bear said...

. . . when that
quite simply
is not possible.


May not be possible, but we can at least give it a good try!

Wendy said...

On a two-way street, maybe - but sometimes we tend to run into dead ends :-(