Monday, January 5, 2009

New Friends

Had a bit of forced inspiration today that resulted in my Salamander picture for my BOS. The intention was that he would be a little comical but there really isn't any character in this little fellow. I guess he's just a plain, old fashioned reptile, but he's mine and he's done and he's ok. Here he is:



But my workings must have woken my muse for I persevered in the face of my previous lackluster deliverable, in an upstairs room with the setting sun beating through the window and an invitation to join the family in the pool left hanging. But, man I'm so happy as my beautiful Sylph has now been born. Here she is:



So hot today, got lots done but not everything. Still doing well for my 2009 hooks (keywords). I am missing Kman very much, he was a little upset when he was dropped off; The Starchild even swung it so he could meet us to see Kman off. It breaks my heart to leave him, even though he went last year and had a ball and was so looking forward to it again this year. Leaving him like the reminds me of when he was younger and used to cry when I had to leave him in care when I was working.

The impossible princess was not well today, the poor little poppet. Am thinking about trying my hand at writing a play for her drama class this year. I have no idea where they got the one they did last year from but it really, really sucked. So, even if they don't use the one I may or may not write, if I do write it then at least I will be able to substantiate the good old retort that "I could write better than that". That is, of course, unless what I write is even bigger crap.

Hey, the outlaws also had a slide projector so I'm back in action and gearing up for a slide night. Not really, but it's great going through the old pics and I have grand plans to digitalise all of the images, collate them with as many identifying details as possible and send out copies to relevant family members. Only had six hours sleep last night and it is so hot tonight so not expecting to have a great night's sleep tonight but all going well I might get stuck into them tomorrow night. There are a few dependencies but I'll work through them.

Am writing in my little book of goals again. Have entered three new ones this year and completed one - to solve a Rubik's cube. It felt good to solve the puzzle but even better knowing that I was completing my first goal of all of the many goals I had written in the book since my first entry in April 2007. Admittedly there aren't very many entered and some are long term ones like fully owning my own home but there are still some smaller ones that I haven't done anything about. I am going to put a bit more focus on this in 2009 and see how I go.

No comments: