Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Limerick Challenge

For each of my kids I've a limerick
Some came to me slow and some came quick
The oldest has two
And the second does, too
But for the third child I need one more rhyming trick

Want to help me? Here are the ones we have been singing for the last few years but I need another for the smiley monster:

There once was a boy named Kayne
Who was having a bath again
He pulled out the plug
And the water went 'Glug'
And he went down the drain

* * *

There once was a boy named Kayne
Who had a ginormous brain
'It was such a pity'
Said Ace, the middy
'That he is quite insane'

(Ace is one of our cats that I used to call mitty-mat as a play on kitty-cat because I didn't think Ace suited her and over the years this has somehow changed again so we mostly call her middy)

* * *

There once was a girl named Tara
Who wanted to play the guitar
She picked up the pick
But she gave up too quick
Without even learning a bar

* * *

There once was a girl named Tara
And she could run very far
She ran so fast
But she just couldn't last
So she ended up taking the car

* * *

The once was a boy named Riley
And he was very smiley
For one of his smiles
Well, I would walk for miles
Although he does give them quite shyly

So, any suggestions on Riley's second limerick?

3 comments:

Tania said...

I'm trying :)

but I did find this..

http://wordnavigator.com/ends-with/ly/

any help?

Natalie said...

There once was a boy named Riley
Who was thought of rather highly
By those in the know
'Cause he gave quite a show
His mummy just called him 'Smiley'.

Michelle said...

Oh go Nat!

There once was a chappy named Riley
Some thought he smiled rather shyly
But those in the know
Knew that this wasn't so
He thought of himself rather highly


Hmmm

There was an error in this gadget