Sunday, March 8, 2009

Red Artery and Blue Vein Dreaming

I dreamt that I was looking at myself in the mirror and that I could flex my muscles to make my veins and arteries more pronounced. Ordinarily I find the look of extruding veins to be gross but in the dream I was fascinated by them. I wore a tight fitting singlet and held my hands in fists clenched on either side of my head with my elbows at right angles in the traditional muscle pose and willed my blood to pump through my veins. My skin paled slightly then the road maps of red arteries and blue veins pulsed and expanded in my neck and arms with the throbbing pulse of blood evident as I looked on.

I paused and examined this detached biologist's manikin refected before me.

Then I ceased flexing and my reflection returned to being just me, in a singlet, before a mirror.

But, of course, I flexed again to ensure I was at the controls and was able to transform myself into this experiment, this living dummy. And the veins and arteries once again protruded at my will. And so it ended there...

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Flexing those muscles with your beautiful writing. The extraordinary, hidden inside the everyday.x

Unknown said...

on a spiritual level- combining the mundane with the divine- watching how they flow together accentuate each other......
or not.....
smooch xx