Friday, April 3, 2009

Fairy Garden

Before we moved to our home here in Newcastle, we spent a little over ten years in our previous home in one of the south western suburbs of Sydney. As soon as I saw our house here I fell in love with it. We'd been seriously looking for about a year, travelling up from Sydney a couple of times a month to inspect properties and in all that time we were only ever interested in two houses. The first one we were interested in wasn't as nice a house but was in a "better" location. We put in an offer but it didn't work out, for which I am now extremely grateful as I love our current home so much.

Anyway, in our previous life, we accumulated many things. They didn't always have a perfect place in our last home but it is amazing how perfectly they all fit into our current home. I always wanted a fairy garden but it wasn't until we moved here that many of the statues and ornaments that we had turned the little area in a tucked away part of the garden into an actual fairy garden. When I look out my kitchen window, I have the great pleasure of looking out over the fairy garden. Here are some of the sights I see:























11 comments:

Renee said...

What a beautiful garden with the very best being the small child in the yellow pajamas.

xoxo

Love Renee

Cyndy said...

Your fairy garden is lovely. I love all the ornamnents..They have a way of finding their right place, don't they?

And yes, my favourite is also the one that looks so much like a small child in yellow pj's. ;0)

Cyndy said...

And I like your choice in music too.... I've left your blog open whilst I'm trolling through stuff... Thank you ;0)

Hippy Witch said...

I love your faery garden

Natalie said...

Love the little yellow elf on the magical pathway. :D

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful! I want to come play in the fairy garden! :)

Dawn said...

Your faery garden is beautiful! :)
xxoo
D.

Jewell said...

what a beautiful little garden...great to see youe little ones enjoy it too

Cheryl said...

An absolute delight! A perfect opportunity for healing of the body, mind and spirit..

Tammie Lee said...

Ah, you have filled your garden with magic~ wonderful little elf in yellow ;-)

Hippy Witch said...

Wendy could you please give me a ring today on 0410658943. Regarding picking up Bianca