Monday, May 11, 2009

Daily Choices

Car finance has been approved - hurrah! That's one less worry to carry - but also means there's room for more, as is my way.

We should have the new car in the next week or so although this week would be good as we have a trip to Lithgow planned this weekend. If this happens then this whole project will be right on schedule and will have been completed without any scope creep at all. That said, getting the car next week is still acceptable as the final go live date is actually the 29th of this month in time for our holiday

I'm starting to wonder if I am addicted to the thrill of stress. Sounds crazy but there is a logic there, perhaps even Wendy Logic.

I don't like roller coasters or extreme sports or anything like that so maybe my way of getting a bit of a thrill is to create difficult situations and work towards outcomes and time frames that are extremely challenging.

It does wear me down and I don't feel like I am enjoying it but one has to wonder why this is how my life is.

I'm a self-confessed Just In Time deliverer of everything and no matter how well planned or well organised I am, all my life I have left things until the last minute to complete. I take on many things and have very high standards and expectations. I burn the candle at both ends and knowingly choose things that I know will make things harder for me.

Even though I am aware of these patterns of behaviour, I am finding it extremely hard to modify them as I would like. But, I'm nothing if not stubborn (thanks for the reminder, Diana ☺) so I'm gonna practice what I'm good at and not give up until I'm where I want to be. In fact, I don't think I'm that far off, but I still know it's going to be hard work. Awareness is the first step; now I just need to focus on my daily choices.

No comments: