Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Time Has Come, The Walrus Said

And a very important time it is, too, as I have finally made an appointment that it looks like I will actually keep at the blood bank.

It's been about three years since I last gave blood. I've made a few appointments that I have rescheduled and finally cancelled for various reasons but today I am feeling well, have had brekky and lots of water and juice, have done the grocery shopping (my only other Tuesday task) and have about 15 minutes before I have to be in the car in order to be about 10-20 minutes early for my appointment. I decided on this time frame because a) I am sick of being late; b) I haven't been to this blood bank before and I'm not exactly sure where it is; c) it is in town I am expecting parking to be a bit of a challenge and d) I am fully expecting to leave later than planned because that's just what I do.

I'm not sure if I am nervous about giving blood or if I am just nervous as the last two times I have been I have gotten a little woozy, which they don't really like to happen and have told me that if it happens a third time then I may not be eligible to give blood again. It was quite some time ago though and at a different place so I'll see how I go. I usually get sleepy and that worries them a bit but I'm fine with the needle as long as I don't look at it and I fully believe in what a wonderful thing it is to do.

Anyway, better go and find something to distract me so I can be late for my planned leaving time. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Giggle...you exhaust me!

Hibiscus Moon said...

I hope your blood-giving went well. Its a wonderful thing to do. I havne't been able to give for a little while now due to my tattoo, but this summer I will be clear again.