Saturday, February 6, 2010

Is Manageable

Where did the mess go?

There were so many things
That I wanted to do
For this weekend
And that were glaring at me
From their various
Dumping zones
In every room of the house
And there were so many other things
That I wanted to do
But that I didn't have time to do
If I was going to do
All of the other things
That I wanted to do for this weekend

Then
Late yesterday
I saw
That is was all done

And
Today
I see
It is still all done

As suddenly as that!

Perhaps those pixies
Felt sorry for me
And turned their mischievous hands
Into helping hands

Or perhaps
I wasn't just shuffling
All of the bits of the "stuff"
From one pile of mess
To another pile of mess
And and was actually
Making progress

I guess life is exactly like that some times
You feel like your working your butt off
And not getting anywhere
And everyone is conspiring
Against you
And your plans
And your wishes
And actively doing things to make your job harder

But if you keep going
And going
And stay focused
Suddenly all of those pieces of "stuff"
Take a jump to the left
Then a step to the right
They put their hands on their hips
And bring their knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really gets all of those pieces of "stuff" into the correct place in the natural order of your mind, your plans and your current version of reality and makes everything seem like it is exactly how you wanted it and that all of the toil and heartache were worth it.

Of course
There is still more "stuff"
Always will be
Life wouldn't be life without it

But it's different "stuff"
And today I believe that "stuff" is manageable.

2 comments:

Rob-bear said...

If I could make my stuff evaporate as easily as you have done yours, I would be a lucky Bear.

But Bears are plodding creatures, mostly.

We get "there" eventually.

At least your magic worked on the stuff. This is good.

Cynthia said...

I like your dancing around the stuff and then -- there is the day it all gets done --

Liked this today. :)